HIGHLIGHTS OF 2019
Battery Minerals Race towards Sustainability
Come and explore the future of battery minerals in the Nordics. Discuss the issues that developers will face as the EV revolution heats up.
Sustainable Intelligent Mining Systems
Join us in a preview of Digitalization and European Sustainable Intelligent Mining Systems. SIMS – People, Sustainability and Technology, all coming together.
Research and Innovation
Future Sustainable Raw Materials Supply and The Nexus between Industry, Academic and Research Breakout session in cooperation with LTU, SIP STRIM and EIT Raw Materials.
- Broaded Nordic Cooperation
- Policy Cycles
- Balance of Power between Actors
- Comparative Policy Analysis
- Impact of Reforms
- Access to Raw Materials
- Non-Market Challenges and Overall Risk Trends
It all starts here! Sustainable, Responsible, Cost Effective and Profitable Exploration in the Nordics – A Look at Systems, Processes, Production and Safety.
- Equal Representation of Conflicting Interests
- Land Use Issues
- Availability of Land and Land Use Planning
- Community and Indigenous Consultation and Engagement
- Mapping of the Impacts of Mining in Arctic and Boreal Regions
- “Timeliness”, “Predictability”, “Flexibility”, and “Stringency”in Impact Assessment and Permitting Processes
- Movement from Macho to Modern
- Competence Building and New Skills Requirement
- Attractiveness of Work Environment
- Gender and Diversity in Constantly Changing Workplaces
- Research and Innovation as an Enabler for Future Sustainable Raw Materials Supply
- The Nexus between Industry, Academia and Research
- Radical Pace of the Digitial Transformation
- Big Data and Cutting-Edge Technologies
- Overview on Battery Metal Trends
- Strategic Government Incentives
- Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Energy Storage Technologies
- Growth Companies anchored in the Battery Ecosystem
- Future of Cobalt, Lithium, Nickel, Graphite, Rare Earths and Vanadium, amongst others
Transportation is becoming an increasingly integrated part of the production chains of all kinds of producing and processing industries today.
What extent of infrastructure investment is needed – particularly into railways and shipping – to enable large scale industrial developments in the north of Norway, Sweden and Finland?
How will exports and growth, rural development and the labour market be affected?
- Investment Attractiveness in Nordic Exploration and Mining
- Creating Investor Friendly Climate
- Geological Endowment
- Issues in Traditional Funding
- Advent of New Streams of Funding, Royalities and Streaming
SELECTION OF SPEAKERS
General Director, Geological Survey of Sweden (SGU)
Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
REASONS TO ATTEND
- Extensive exposure to top decision-makers: mining operators, exploration companies, investment houses, parliament, policy outfits and regulatory agencies.
- Unrivalled networking opportunities to allow you, vital face-to-face interactions with peers working in the mining industry.
- Hands-on insight from key opinion-makers and trend-setters.
- Receive the very best business intelligence – we assure you that you will be in contact with today’s experts and pioneers.
- Top decision-makers from the mining industry.
- Leading heads, such as director generals from the relevant authorities.
- Representatives from the financial community.
- Researchers from the academic community.
- Politicians, MPs and representatives from local districts and regions.
- International figureheads from the European Commission, Embassies, NGOs and many more.