Future Mine and Mineral Conference February 23-24, 2021
BREAKOUT SESSION 5B
New Technologies Research and Innovation as an Enabler for Sustainable Raw Materials Supply
Director General Geological Survey of Sweden
Minister for Business, Industry and Innovation
Scientific leader, SUN – Natural Resources for Sustainability Transitions, LTU
President and CEO of Boliden
Martin Phillips, CEO – Europe, Talga
Helene Hellmark Knutsson
Governor of County of Västerbottens län
At Old Central Post Office Building
Vasagatan 28, Stockholm, Sweden
FMM Stockholm Goes Virtual
Navigating the post-COVID hospitality environment requires adaptability, flexibility, and innovation.
We are planning for a virtual and hybrid event – with the addition of a number of digital components to the traditional live event in order to offer the participants and exhibitors additional benefits in this new context.
What is a Virtual Conference?
The conference will take place within a virtual venue platform and at the hybrid venue at Old Central Post Office Building Vasagatan in Stockholm as well.
Part of the programme-presentations and panel-discusssions will be broadcasted live from our studio at Old Central Post Office Building. Event components that participants would traditionally experience in-person will be presented virtually.
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
- Broaded Nordic Cooperation
- Policy Cycles
- Balance of Power between Actors
- Comparative Policy Analysis
- Impact of Reforms
- Access to Raw Materials
- Non-Market Challenges and Overall Risk Trends
It all starts here! Sustainable, Responsible, Cost Effective and Profitable Exploration in the Nordics – A Look at Systems, Processes, Production and Safety.
- Equal Representation of Conflicting Interests
- Land Use Issues
- Availability of Land and Land Use Planning
- Community and Indigenous Consultation and Engagement
- Mapping of the Impacts of Mining in Arctic and Boreal Regions
- “Timeliness”, “Predictability”, “Flexibility”, and “Stringency”in Impact Assessment and Permitting Processes
- Research and Innovation as an Enabler for Future Sustainable Raw Materials Supply
- The Nexus between Industry, Academia and Research
- Radical Pace of the Digitial Transformation
- Big Data and Cutting-Edge Technologies
- Overview on Battery Metal Trends
- Strategic Government Incentives
- Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Energy Storage Technologies
- Growth Companies anchored in the Battery Ecosystem
- Future of Cobalt, Lithium, Nickel, Graphite, Rare Earths and Vanadium, amongst others
Transportation is becoming an increasingly integrated part of the production chains of all kinds of producing and processing industries today.
What extent of infrastructure investment is needed – particularly into railways and shipping – to enable large scale industrial developments in the north of Norway, Sweden and Finland?
How will exports and growth, rural development and the labour market be affected?
REASONS TO ATTEND
- Extensive exposure to top decision-makers: mining operators, exploration companies, investment houses, parliament, policy outfits and regulatory agencies.
- Unrivalled networking opportunities to allow you, vital face-to-face interactions with peers working in the mining industry.
- Hands-on insight from key opinion-makers and trend-setters.
- Receive the very best business intelligence – we assure you that you will be in contact with today’s experts and pioneers.
- Top decision-makers from the mining industry.
- Leading heads, such as director generals from the relevant authorities.
- Representatives from the financial community.
- Researchers from the academic community.
- Politicians, MPs and representatives from local districts and regions.
- International figureheads from the European Commission, Embassies, NGOs and many more.
A UNIQUE NETWORKING PLACE
“The conference is a platform for networking and sharing, where specialists from various fields can exchange experiences, share business intelligence, explore new opportunities and discuss trends and developments in the mining and exploration sector. It also proves opportunities for interaction with policymakers, and important decision makers in both government and business.sector, but also interact with policymakers and decision-makers from government and parliament.
Welcome to the Future Mine and Mineral conference”.
Håkan Tarras-Wahlberg, Chair Georange